The CH-UH Board of Education approved the District’s Five-Year Strategic Plan, specifically the Aspirations and Implementation documents, at its August 4 Board meeting.
The include the District’s Mission, Vision, and Values, along with five measurable and achievable Goals. The Implementation section details the objectives, strategies, performance measures, responsible parties, timetables and relevant partners that will be utilized to achieve these five Goals.
The plan was developed by the Strategic Planning Committee (SPC) with input from around 1,800 stakeholders through community meetings, facilitated discussions, online public surveys, ad-hoc sessions and ongoing work with a strategic planning expert, consultant Amy Main Morgenstern, president of Main Stream Enterprises, Incorporated.
There are volunteer opportunities for community members to help with the implementation of Goal 3.
Goal 3: Parent & Community Engagement, Support and Partnerships: Parents and community partners are welcomed and fully engaged in supporting and enhancing student learning.
Here are three work groups on which you could serve:
- Develop a common understanding of best practices for fostering trusting relationships and engaging with parents as partners.
- Plan a Community Convocation to welcome community partners as valued participants in student success. Use this forum to share school funding, curriculum and assessment information, and other important school information.
- Improve communication with and among parents, school leaders & teachers, and community partners. Create a district Family Engagement Toolkit for all staff & families.
If interested in being considered to serve on one of the three working groups, please email Cathan Bricker @ [email protected]. Indicate the following by Friday, September 4:
- Which working group you are most interested in and how you might be able to help.
- Name, contact information and affiliation to Heights Schools.
A formal public document is being designed and will be available later this fall.