The Senior Scene Newsletter includes important information about the college planning/application process and scholarships, things you should do, and things you should know. It is published bi-monthly (except special issues) by the Guidance Department.
These informational sessions are held by college admissions representatives from colleges/universities from our region and the nation. The sessions also include Q & A and they are held at the high school. They held in the first semester. Due to COVID-19 all of the conferences will be virtual visits. You must register to attend a virtual college visit, follow the directions below
- You must open your Naviance account, which by the way is your best friend for all things post-secondary.
- On the Home page, scroll down to the lower right-hand section named 'What's New'.
- You will see 2 or 3 scheduled virtual college visits.
- Click on "Show more" to be able to see the entire list of visits.
- When you see a college that you are interested in click on 'more info'.
- To register, select 'Register Now' and follow the directions provided by each college.
The schedule is updated on a daily basis in , so check the list often so as not to miss a visit from one of your top choices.
Who May Attend?
Seniors and juniors may attend virtual college visits/conferences.
Xổ số Thị trưởng SakaeBe Selective
- Have some knowledge of the college prior to the conference
- Will it meet your criteria...major, size, location?
- Do you meet admissions qualifications? Does your profile match the college requirements?
- Will it be classified for you as a highly selective choice, as a reach, or a safety college?
Students, parents, and staff may use the Zone to obtain information on the colleges.
A parent or guardian must complete a to determine a student's eligibility for a fee waiver, Also, students who are enrolled in AVID 3 or AVID 4 are eligible for fee waivers.
NACAC college application waivers
NCAA Clearinghouse registration
In addition, students who register with a SAT fee waiver and take the exam will receive four college application fee waivers from the College Board.